Position Summary: An integral part of the agency, the Care Managers provide services that enable our elderly consumers to live in the setting of their choice. As a member of an interdisciplinary team and with a solid understanding of the regulations guiding the role as well as using discretion and independent judgment, the Care Manager is responsible for an assigned caseload of elderly consumers. This includes coordinating conducting home visits, determining home care programs eligibility, assessing consumer needs, developing service plans, revising the service plans as needed, and updating consumer records in a timely manner to ensure a clear picture of the status consumers served. The Care Manager maintains information related to each case in the SIM database in accordance with the Executive Office of Elder Affairs (EOEA) and program documentation standards. The Care Manager may also assist in the implementation of the Comprehensive Screening and Service Model (CSSM) in conjunction with agency RN’s and Nursing Homes.
- Conduct functional assessments and reassessment of assigned consumers living in the community, in accordance with state regulations
- Develop service plans with the consumer, the consumer's contacts (family members, physician, visiting nurses, etc.) and in consultation with the Care Manager Supervisor, and monitors plan on an ongoing basis through telephone calls, visits, and case conferences to ensure consumer benefit.
- Implements service plan by arranging services through Minuteman’s contracted vendors and other referral resources.
- Maintains information related to each case in accordance with EOEA documentation standards including:
- Consumer’s functional and financial eligibility for home care services to determine and support the service plan, and monitors and documents updates and changes as needed in the consumer record and in SIMS in a timely manner.
- Assesses consumers for risk issues or abuse and follows proper protocols for reporting such information.
- Assumes responsibility for covering Care Manager duties several times per month assisting consumers whose Care Manager is unavailable to handle issue.
- Participate in Staff Development including staff meetings, policy updates, agency trainings and communication with local community partners such as Councils on Aging.
Accountability: Demonstrates and communicates a high level of responsibility for and commitment to achieving results.
Customer Service Orientation: Learns internal/external customer/consumer needs and how best to meet them. Responds to requests in a timely and thorough manner; does what is necessary to ensure consumer satisfaction; prioritizes consumer needs.
Communication Skills: Listens, speaks, and writes clearly and concisely; ensures all involved are kept informed about developments and plans; shares ideas and information with others who might find them useful; keeps supervisor informed about progress and problems.
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: Recognizes and accurately evaluates the signs of a problem and utilizes available resources to resolve; analyzes current procedures for possible improvements; notifies supervisor of problems in a timely manner.
Teamwork and Cooperation: Demonstrates willingness to work with others toward a common goal as opposed to working in competition with others.
Time Management: Organizes and schedules people and tasks demonstrating the ability to balance requisite number of home visits per month with maintenance of notes; regularly produces accurate, thorough, professional work.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in a social services, social work, psychology, or human services related field.
- Experience utilizing MS Office including Word and Outlook for email and calendaring.
- Experience utilizing a database such as Access; SIM experience helpful.
- Experience working with the elderly is preferred.
- A reliable car is required, as well as a valid driver's license and car insurance.
This position provides full benefits including Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life, Short & Long Term Insurance, 403(b) pension plan and generous vacation and sick time.
Visit our website to learn about Minuteman Senior Services and the wide range of programs we provide to enable elders to live independently in their homes and our communities.