The Boston Marriott in Burlington, MA, boasting 418 guest rooms and over 13,000 square feet of flexible meeting space provides the ideal location for a trip to New England. Just steps from the Burlington Mall and a short drive from Hanscom Air Force Base, the Lahey Clinic, Woburn and Lexington, Massachusetts, this hotel's stunning guest rooms, restaurants and event space make it one of the premier Burlington, MA, hotels. For those traveling on business or hosting an event, this hotel in Burlington, MA, features a 9,000 sq ft Grand Ballroom and state-of-the art meeting rooms. Find out today what a career with Pyramid Hotel Group and the Burlington Marriott can mean for you!
We're looking for an Accounts Receivable Clerk. This candidate must be an organized self-starter, innovative and have strong oral and written communication skills. Must have basic knowledge of accounting and computer operations. Must be able to analyze and resolve issues that come up with regard to collections and credit. Must have a Yes I Can attitude.
The primary responsibility is to process billing of our clients and guests in timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- On a daily basis review the activity in the City Ledger and correct any errors in so far as billing information, charges etc.
- Once the City Ledger activity has been reviewed mail out all the bills with in 72 hours guest/group departure. Bills in excess of $10,000 should be sent by overnight delivery.
- Within 10 days of the mailing out the bills a call should be made to the client to verify they received the bill and that they have had a chance to review it.
- Review the On-line credit card system and determine if any responses for charge back queries need to be responded to.
- Fulfill all guest requests for copies of folios and or respond to queries about charges on their account.
- Maintain proper filing system for all invoices that have been billed out and maintain a call log on file
- Prepare month end A/R report i.e., summary of A/R, write-off log and recovery list.
- Post payments on a daily basis for all payments received towards outstanding receivables and resolve any disputed amounts in a timely fashion.
- Review and do appropriate adjustments to all house accounts, and package codes.
- Perform any and all other duties and job assignments delegated by the Controller, Assistant Controller and the Management Staff of the Hotel.
Must be able to communicate clearly with guests, customers, employees and supervisors.
Must be able to work day or evening shifts, including weekends and holidays, as needed. Although overtime is not always available, employees must be able to work overtime if business demands require them to. (this is only permitted with manager/supervisor authorization).
We are a drug-free workplace; pre-employment drug screen required. We offer benefits after the 90 day introductory period.