It’s an exciting time to be at Hanscom Federal Credit Union!
As a member of our Risk Management Department, you will join a dynamic team of dedicated individuals committed to delivering exceptional service to our members.
Who we are – Hanscom Federal Credit Union
- Members-first – our members are our top priority. We make business decisions with our members at the top of mind.
- Integrity – we’re honest and committed to doing what’s best for our members and our company. What is right isn’t the same as what is easy.
- Teamwork – we are in this together and we all benefit from our success.
- Innovation – we identify new ideas for processes or products that will lead to positive changes and take the initiative to implement the changes
- Empathy – we understand that communication starts by listening, understanding different perspectives, and caring about others’ sustained success.
What we offer
A full-time, permanent position that will reward you through an annual bonus program. We also offer Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401(k), Student Loan Paydown, and paid Sick and Vacation time benefits. We are committed to fostering career growth and development – when you join our organization it’s not just a job. We look to develop your skills aligned to our business needs and help you progress in your career.
Who you are – AVP, Compliance
You are a dynamic, detail oriented, intuitive person with the ability to develop relationships, build rapport and become a trusted team member. You are able to provide every team member you assist or support with a high level of service, have strong communication, organization and multi-tasking skills, and are searching for a rewarding career where you are valued and respected. Analyzing and managing compliance is a core part of who you are and you strive to ensure the credit union maintains compliance in all its activities.
What you'll do
- Oversees the credit union's Internal Audit Program, IT Audits, NCUA Exams and external audits. This includes: assessing all areas of the credit union to create the annual plan, ensuring the plan is executed as designed, ensuring audit findings are addressed appropriately, timely and implemented accordingly, assisting management during the audit process including managing audit requests, responding to findings, among others.
- Responsible for the effectiveness of the Compliance Training Program for all employees, Supervisory Committee and Board of Directors. Serves as the vendor owner for the Compliance LMS and is responsible for contract execution, process and product enhancements.
- Leads the Policy Management process, ensuring compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements. Serves and the vendor owner for the policy management software. Ensures compliance with the internal policy schedule.
- Leads the complaint management process; report and tracking until resolution. Analyzes statistical data to identify trends and patterns. If regulatory deficiencies are identified, ensures corrective action is taken accordingly.
- Oversees regulatory changes and marketing campaigns to ensure compliance.
- Oversees the compliance review of institution projects to ensure requirements are identified and documented.
- Coaches and mentors the Compliance team; including hiring, completing appraisals, training and performance improvement plans.
- Stays current on industry developments, attends compliance training and seminars.
- Performs other tasks or functions as required, requested, necessary or prudent from time to time.
- Strong desire to work in a purpose driven organization
- Strong leadership qualities with a big picture and pragmatic approach, leading effectively through setting a vision and coaching, motivational techniques, and conflict management
- 8 to 10 years of experience in compliance, preferably in the financial services sector.
- Demonstrated capability and passion for developing talent and a culture of innovation, collaboration, and engagement
- Strong delegation and team building skills with the ability to support a team and the team’s work embracing ownership, accountability, and responsibility
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at the senior management level and across all levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical, organization, presentation, and facilitation skills; ability to lead multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritize workload and to work independently
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- CRCM, NCCO or CUCE certification required