The Boston Marriott in Burlington, MA, boasting 418 guest rooms and over 13,000 square feet of flexible meeting space provides the ideal location for a trip to New England. Just steps from the Burlington Mall and a short drive from Hanscom Air Force Base, the Lahey Clinic, Woburn and Lexington, Massachusetts, this hotel's stunning guest rooms, restaurants and event space make it one of the premier Burlington, MA, hotels. For those traveling on business or hosting an event, this hotel in Burlington, MA, features a 9,000 sq ft Grand Ballroom and state-of-the art meeting rooms. Find out today what a career with Pyramid Hotel Group and the Burlington Marriott can mean for you!
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times, set example for all hotel associates.
- Operate as an independent mechanic by analyzing problems, identifying courses of action and implementing solutions with available resources and to a high degree of quality.
- Keep accurate completion and task records in the project files.
- Plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing and electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners and cosmetic items.
- Clean, lubricate, protect and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel.
- Have a working knowledge of fire sprinkler and emergency power systems.
- Observe and analyze energy and utilities usage in the hotel and on the grounds.
- Be aware of all existing departmental job safety analysis and to strive to work in an accident free manner and to create a safe work environment for others.
- Continuously look for conditions which may endanger associates or guest of the hotel and to take immediate action to correct any hazardous conditions found
- Read, log, track and interpret readings form meters, gauges, and other measuring units
- Maintain a thorough log of each day’s activities and problems that occur and to ensure this information is passed on to other shifts.
- Maintain a current inventory of all supplies.
- Repair HVAC as required; and clean HVAC coils semi-annually or as required
- Check smoke alarms throughout hotels on a scheduled basis according to brand standards
- Maintain the hotel grounds; curb appeal and building exteriors consistently
- Develop and maintain maintenance department programs to assure that the Quality Assurance Program for each brand criteria are met
- Educate and lead all department personnel on emergency procedures, key control, safety and life safety precautions
- Conduct departmental meetings, coaching and counseling.
- Ensure that three quotes are received for any repair that cannot be fixed at property level.
- Comply with hotel policies and procedures.
- Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 5-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to interpret and perform basic computer functions.
- The work environment normally entails the following:
- Indoor and outdoor work environment
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals throughout the day
- Moderate noise levels consistent with hotel environment
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
The physical activity normally entails the following attributes.
Position is expected to:
- Walk more than 2/3 of the time
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl periodically
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Push / pull up to 50 pounds.