The Boston Marriott in Burlington, MA, boasting 418 guest rooms and over 13,000 square feet of flexible meeting space provides the ideal location for a trip to New England. Just steps from the Burlington Mall and a short drive from Hanscom Air Force Base, the Lahey Clinic, Woburn and Lexington, Massachusetts, this hotel's stunning guest rooms, restaurants and event space make it one of the premier Burlington, MA, hotels. For those traveling on business or hosting an event, this hotel in Burlington, MA, features a 9,000 sq ft Grand Ballroom and state-of-the art meeting rooms. Find out today what a career with Pyramid Hotel Group and the Burlington Marriott can mean for you!
Greets and registers guests, provides prompt and courteous service, and closes out guest accounts upon completion of stay to meet Pyramid Hotel Groups' high standards of quality.
The Front Desk Agent will:
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information with routine difficulty from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote Hotel's marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate. Requires continual standing and movement throughout front office area.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, travellers checks, and other forms of payment. Convert foreign currency at current posted rates. Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency and/or heavy hotel activity, and resolve complications such as location changes or credit issues.
- Field guest complaints, conducting through research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Take ownership of guests challenges and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgement and discretion.