Host/Dining Room Coordinator
Host/Hostess Job Description (Dining Room Coordinator)
As a member of the Burtons staff your primary responsibility is to work as part of a team to provide all guests with superior service, and a quality product in a safe, clean, and hospitable environment. As a member of the Burtons team, you must always abide 100% by Burtons core values regarding your treatment of guests, other team members, managers and Burtons’ property. The specific knowledge, skill and ability requirements associated with your role as a dining room coordinator are:
- Knowledge of Burtons food and service quality standards and 100% adherence.
- Knowledge of Guest Service & Service Orientation: Knowledge of the principles of guest service including the evaluation of guest satisfaction, and actively looking for ways to help people.
- Active Listening Skills: Giving full attention to what guests, managers, & other team members are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate.
- Problem Sensitivity & Problem Solving: The ability to tell when something is likely to go wrong and then analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution or course of action.
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work.
- Ability to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships and sustain them over time (e.g. to create regular guests).
- Self Control: Maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check and avoiding aggressive behavior even in very difficult situations.
- Stress Tolerance: Accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Persuasion: The ability to persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
- Responsible Cash Handling: Utilizing personal integrity and basic math skills to handle the assets of Burtons Grill in a responsible manner.
- Memorization: The ability to remember information such as words, names, processes, procedures and numbers.
- English Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents provided in English.
- English Oral Comprehension & Expression: The ability to listen to, understand, and communicate information and ideas in spoken word and sentences utilizing the English language. The ability to speak so that others understand.
- General Physical Activity: Performing activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, balancing, stooping and standing at length.